Every year Paly parents donate to the PTSA to strengthen our school. The Paly PTSA allocates a portion of these funds to help support the Viking Grants program. Viking Grants are awarded to teachers and students with innovative ideas for new programs or to enhance existing programs at Paly and support school-wide goals.
Viking Grants are awarded to applications with innovative ideas for new programs or enhance existing programs at Paly and support school-wide goals.
Grant 2023-24 Calendar
Fall Grant Cycle
Friday, 8/18/23 Fall Grant Applications Open
Tuesday, 8/22/23 Fall Grant Information Webinar
Friday, 9/22/23 Fall Grant Applications Due
Thursday, 10/5/23 Fall Grant Vote/Recipients Notified
Spring Grant Cycle
Monday, 12/4/23 Spring Grant Applications Open
Tuesday, 12/11/23 Spring Grant Information Webinar
Friday, 1/19/24 Spring Grant Applications Due
Thursday, 2/1/24 Spring Grant Vote/Recipients Notified
Questions? Email: email@example.com
There will be two grant cycles during the academic year. Fall grant cycle requests that are not funded will receive feedback, and applicants will be encouraged to reapply for the Spring grant cycle.
Student Viking Grants
A portion of the funds will be reserved for Student Viking Grant applications. The purpose of these grants is the same as the Staff Viking Grants – innovative ideas for new programs or enhance existing programs at Paly and support school-wide goals. These grants will need staff supervision/sponsorship.
- $1,000 maximum per grant request
- Collaboration among staff and students is encouraged and grants of larger amounts will be considered.
- All funds need to be spent during the school year awarded.
- Viking Grants are not for hardware technology.
- Grants recipients are reimbursed for their expenses. Grants are not lump sum.
- Grant recipients must submit a written report by the end of the school year detailing efforts and costs. Photos are encouraged. A template will be provided.
- Funds cannot be used as a pass-through to another group’s events or non-profit’s mission (e.g. Spirit Week, dances, a donation to another non-profit.).