Parent Education: Quiet is a Superpower: How to Embrace Your Authentic Self
Dec 2, 7pm, by PTSA Parent Ed
How do we help our kids shine as they are in a society where the loudest tend to get the most attention. Learn practical tips on how to thrive as an introvert as well as how to support and be empathic towards introverts.
Hear from international best seller and speaker Jill Chang of book Quiet is a Superpower about her journey on finding success in life and work as an introvert.
Parent Education: Parent Forum: Raising Our Kids in Tumultuous and Uncertain Times
February 25, 2021, at 7:00 pm, by PTSA Parent Ed
Event recording (Passcode PED@2021)
How do we help our kids build self awareness, agility, resilience and authenticity to lead a life well lived. Hear from our 3 wonderful panelists who are PAUSD graduates and parents.
Our Aim is to provide high-quality education for parents, students, educators, and community members. We discuss critical issues—academic challenges, mental health, substance use, social media, college admission, and more—that impact the health, safety, and well-being of children and teens. Questions and suggestions, please email ParendEd.Paly @ gmail dot com.
Parent Education Contacts:
At Paly PTSA, VP Programs/Parent Education is Ling Wu.
At Paly PTSA, Co-VP Programs/Parent Education are Cathy Williams and Divya Singh.
Watch this space for announcements.
April 15, 5:30pm, by the Parent Venture
How can children and teens learn to lead lives of purpose? Join Dr. Kendall Bronk, Professor of Psychology at Claremont Graduate University.
EDGE: Turning Adversity into Advantage with Harvard Professor Laura Huang
April 21, 6pm, by the Parent Venture
How can we turn adversity into advantage? Join Professor Laura Huang, Harvard Business School, to help students find their unique “edge.” Laura Huang, author of EDGE: Turning Adversity into Advantage, shares practical implications of her revolutionary research on advantages and disadvantages, and how we can improve our chance of being successful in life.
- Exploring the Community College Transfer Programs, September 24, 2020, at 5:00 pm, organized by Parent Venture
- Strengthening Communication with Your Child or Teen, September 25, 2020, at 12:00 pm, organized by Parent Venture
- How to Write a Great College Essay, October 7, 2020, at 5:00 pm, organized by CollegeWise
- Parent Education: College During COVID, Oct 8, 7pm, by Harlan Cohen & College Ave
- Parent Education: Finding the Right School at the Right Price, During COVID-19, Oct 16, 12pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: Navigating Emotionally-Intense Conversations with Your Child or Teens, Oct 22, 12pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: Having Courageous Conversations About Race and Systemic Racism, Nov 4, 12pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: Fostering Creativity and Innovation in an Uncertain World, Nov 5, 5pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: The Self-Driven Child: Giving Your Kids More Control Over Their Lives, Nov 13, 12pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: A Healthy Approach to College Admissions – Challenge Success, Nov 17, 7pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: Quiet is a Superpower: How to Embrace Your Authentic Self, Dec 2, 7pm, by PTSA Parent Ed
- Parent Education: Mental Health 101: When Should Parents Worry?, Dec 7, 5pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Forum: How to Give Advice Your Child Might Listen To, Dec 11, 12pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: Kids, Media, and COVID-19: What Has Changed, What Hasn’t, What’s Next, January 28, 2021, at 5:00 pm, by the Parent Venture
- Parent Education: Parent Forum: Raising Our Kids in Tumultuous and Uncertain Times, February 25, 2021, at 7:00 pm, by PTSA Parent Ed
- Parent Education: How To Be an Anti-Racist Parent, March 10, 5:30pm, by the Parent Venture