WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Use Your Voice! In 2017, Palo Alto PTA members successfully advocated to Sacramento to ban guns in CA school zones, via Click My Cause mobile alerts. PTA – the oldest and largest child advocacy organization – will always work to keep children safe.
- Download the “Click My Cause” app in the App Store,
- Choose PTAC (Palo Alto PTA Council) as your organization
- Select “allow notifications” to receive your mobile alerts
Learn more how to support your student, and all CA students, https://clickmycause
Take Action to End Gun Violence:
March 14 “Call Out” to Federal Legislators
On March 14, students across the country are planning to “walk out” to make their voices heard. California State PTA is asking for your help to “call out” our federal legislators and demand action.
Stand together with the voices of students and call your federal legislators on March 14 to demand stronger gun-violence prevention legislation including:
- Prohibiting the sale and possession of assault weapons including automatic and semi-automatic weapons
- Mandatory background checks
- Waiting periods for all firearm purchases.